Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Holiday Nails!

happy holidays!


Well if there's one thing I enjoy when I have some spare time it's doing my nails. And of course the festive holidays season calls for festive nails! But one small problem: I have this thing with purple nail polish. As in, I only own purple nail polish because every time I buy cosmetics there always seems to be a new color of purple nail polish I just have to have and then what do you know I have about fifteen different kinds of it. So I figured I might as well put some of that purple polish to good use.



The base coat is this fabulous iridescent grayish mauve that I bought from the Gap quite a few years ago. I've been trying to find another bottle, or at least something similar, for ages but the closest I've found is OPI for Sephora nail color in Sin-cerely Violet. I painted a sparkly purple topcoat that I bought in Mexico (see what I mean about buying purple nail polish everywhere?) over one side. The color is similar to to this one from Forever 21.


I'm hoping that purple can work for the holiday season because, well.....that's about all I've got! But I think it turned out looking pretty good. I'm sure the combination of a lighter base coat and glitter topcoat would work with all sorts of colors. Enjoy!

Love, Chloe Darling








No comments:

Post a Comment